A steady stream of GTDNext improvements and fixes for your reading pleasure. All release notes before 2017 have been archived here.
June 3 2017
- Fixed the today badge count. It sometimes got confused. We've fixed it, and it seems much less confused.
May 24th 2017
- New feature - Details button "floats" as you scroll down your lists, allowing you to hit the detail button without scrolling back to the top of the screen. Yes! This is especially handy for viewing your task list on small screens (mobile).
- Fixed an issue where the right panel was not always rendering correctly and was just displaying the blue background.
May 21st 2017
- It's nice to see how many next actions (and Today and Focus) items are on your action lists. Now you can! I can't tell you how happy this small little feature makes me!
- Fixed issue with focus list requiring a refresh to see newly added focus items. This was a problem introduced recently by some other fixes.
- Fixed an issue where the right panel would show blue background, but not display the fields in the right panel.
May 9th, 2017
Several different fixes and UI touch-ups today.
- New scroll bar in left nav project area gives a sleeker look to the app.
- We've fixed the duplicate item problem in all the lists. After the app was open for a long time duplicate items would appear. They always went away by refreshing the screen, but we finally figured this one out and stopped it! Yay!
- We've updated the right panel bottom area to stay anchored to the bottom of your screen. This makes it way easier to find the delete button, and it allows us to auto-resize the notes panel to take advantage of the available space. Win-win!
- Other small updates behind the scenes.
April 30th, 2017
Everyone once in a while, for some people GTDNext would show duplicate items in the next action list. These always went away by refreshing the browser but were annoying, none the less. Today's release addresses this long-standing issue.
April 18th, 2017
Bug fixes today. In a few cases, the TAG menu was squeezed off the screen due to our responsive layout. It's back, tag away!
April 14th, 2017
Fix released today that addressed using GTDNext behind a corporate firewall. Some firewalls were blocking our new real-time server technology. We've now addressed this problem so everyone can use GTDNext again. Whew!
April 5th, 2017
Big release today! We have implemented deepstream.io's realtime server for all our data syncing. You might not notice much has changed, but this was a big change behind the scenes and sets the stage for a lot of cool stuff in the future. (including setting the stage for how we can sync with a mobile app)
In the mean time it helps us immediately with these features:
- Inbox syncs automatically! No need to hit refresh when sending emails to the GTDNext inbox.
- Better handling of due dates and start dates for the today list. They should sync immediately
- Device sync. Try changing a task on your phone browser and watch it almost instantly update on your laptop browser.
March 20th, 2017
- New! Items with due dates and items scheduled to start today will now show up on your Today list. This makes Today a great place to check everyday for tasks you need to focus on during the day. Soon this view will refresh itself each day. Right now you need to hit the refresh button on your browser each day to see new items added to the list
- Fix for Schedule items not triggering to next actions. An unfortunate side result of March 17th release. Should be fixed now.
March 17th, 2017
- Setting the stage for more functionality in the Today view. Nothing visible to you all in this release. Stay tuned!
March 9th, 2017
- Fixed an issue where deleting a task in the today view caused the program to not display all your other tasks. Doh!
March 8th, 2017
- Today Feature added to help people have a concise list of what they want (or need) to accomplish today. Just drag any task to the list. Drag towards top of browser if you want to remove an item.
February 25th, 2017
- People with long lists of tags could not select the bottom tags when using the site on a mobile device. We've fixed this by adding a scroll to the tags menu.
February 17th, 2017
- Several fixes to the mobile browser experience that were causing less than optimal viewing. We are back to mostly optimal now.
January 20th, 2017
- List buttons in the right pane sometimes went onto two lines on some narrow displays. Which is ugly. They are now responsive, and pretty, and should behave and stay on one line in most situations.
January 18th, 2017
- New UI released
- Now when you click to make the notes area full screen, it is really full screen. Handy for big note takers!
- We removed the second area selector. It was confusing. We don't like confusing.
- Area selector in the middle pane now filters the project list in the left pane. Much like the drop down did before. Yay!
- The new UI displays better on mobile screens. Still much work to do here, but it is better than the previous UI
- Many smaller issues fixed with this release that you might not notice right away.