Update to mobile app timing

Hello James,

I know you guys are supposedly working on mobile apps and can’t commit to any exact timing, but it really is frustrating that it is taking sooo long to see any kind of progress. Can you even give any ballpark estimates on when we may begin to see a native Android app? Like 3 mos, 6 mos, 2 years?

I really love the way GTD next handles sequential tasking and only showing me what’s appropriate to work on at any given time, but sure would be nice as a mobile app.

Thanks,

John

With all due respect, I’ve given up and moved to Nozbe. Three things that I need to make GTDNext work for me:

Android app (because I do a lot of my task management on my phone)
Ability to forward email to GTDNext WITH the attachments
Offline access

I really like GTDNext and would easily return but the above needs to happen and work well. I totally understand that people have busy lives and that GTDNext is more of a side thing for James and Sergio; however, for me, the app remains somewhat rough around the edges. I do check in once in a while; hence this emai

Peter

As I am coming up to my Nozbe renewal, I’m finding it far too expensive for what you get. . At my work, Todoist is really popular but just haven’t really been able to make that work either. Looking at returning to GTDNext because it just does GTD really well.

I’m happy that there now is offline access. Thank you for your work on that. I’ve changed my mind a bit on the mobile app. A mobile app would be nice but maybe just be too much work and I agree with someone who wrote elsewhere that a well-functioning mobile web version can be just as effective. The mobile web version works pretty well as is. Just a couple of thoughts for future edits:

• I do find the check boxes (circles) really small for me. I have a hard time marking stuff complete. If those could be a little larger, that would be cool.

• It would be nice if you could drag tasks into projects that have no tasks yet in the web version. Doesn’t seem to be possible as it is now. You can drag/drop if the project already has one task but if I create a project on my phone, I cannot drag tasks into it.

And I still would love to be able to forward email to GTDNext WITH the attachment.

Anyway, thought I would chime in. Thank you for your work on GTDNext.

Peter

2 Likes

Thanks for your post Peter. Glad to have you back. I agree on the size of the check boxes. We’ve looked into that before, but may need to again.

For those of you who haven’t checked out the web version of our app in a while, I made this video for our blog, but I’ll post it here as well. It’s made a lot of progress. (and still has much room for growth)

1 Like