Tab shortcuts - apparent bugs

Using Chrome browser (no extensions):

TAB + N (quick inbox action) and TAB + number (to go to specific left pane list) will not work if I am focused on the left pane. In both cases, the result is the same as pressing the TAB key alone. These are listed in the help as “global shortcuts”, so I assume that this is not the inteded behaviour.

Also on the topic of shortcuts, I very much appreciate the shortcuts that have been created so far. Could I suggest that a shortcut also be added to move items up and down a list? With prior experiences in Mindmanager, Scrivener and Zendone, this is one of the first things I looked for. And, frankly, the existing system of dragging cross arrows is one of the least user-friendly aspects of gtdnext in my eyes.

Hi @aanon - What version of Chrome are you using? I’m on Version 39.0.2171.65 and I’m able to use TAB+N in all circumstances. I’d love to figure this one out, but I’m not getting the same result.

I hear you on the up/down move short-cut. That is on our list of short-cuts to implement. Hopefully soon!

Thanks for the quick response James. I’m on Chrome version 39.0.2171.71 and glad to report that this morning the TAB shortcuts are working fine from any pane.

Perplexing, as I made many tests before posting yesterday, but I’m glad it’s working now, in any case.

Glad it is working, but please keep an eye out for it. Of course harder to fix without being able to reproduce it, so if you do see it again the steps used to get into that situation would be helpful. Thanks!

Still working fine.

By the way, I just wanted to say I appreciate the swift response when I first posted this.

Of course! We are here to help!