Re: Fernando's Calendar Integration suggestion

I use GTD Nxt to store a lot of calendar events and although I don’t need to see them in a Calendar for GTD purposes, it would be nice to be able to have a GTD Calendar or perhaps integrated into Google or Outlook calendar so that I don’t have to edit events in two places. If I setup an event in GTD N - under main folder (Events 2017) as a subfolder for instance and create links to the pertinent files in G Drive or dropbox along with the event details that pertain to next actions etc, then I have to now double enter all of it into an outlook calendar for my boss as well as again attaching the pertinent files for the event yet again into the outlook calendar. It would actually be better to have a pure GTD next calendar where I would have a Calendar setup option in the right panel to have the entry show up as an event in the GTD Next Calendar and then be able to sync that with other calendars and even if the sync is with varying degrees of success, I still have the GTD next calendar that syncs perfectly and is available on it’s own page to members of my team for viewing only. I know the whole team thing is a bit far off right now but just to be able to view event data and attached files in a calendar format (Not necessarily next actions and other stuff) would be a big help in eliminating duplicate entry.

Deepak - These are all great suggestions. We plan to have some deeper calendar feature in the future. At first, it may be some iCal type feed that could be displayed in messaging programs like Gmail and Outlook. Then who knows!

It’s great to hear how you would like to use a feature like this. I’m interested to hear from other people as well. Is displaying due dates on your primary calendar enough? Would you like to see more items? Start dates of items? What else would you like to see in a feature like this?

BTW - We are probably not that close to doing this feature. We have a lot of other great stuff planned first. However, I love to hear about and start thinking about features like this for the future. Thanks!

Thanks for your reply James,

The feature list would depend on whether a majority of users actually want a full fledged calendar app in tandem with GTDN or whether they just want to be able to visualize their data in a calendar format. Sticking to a GTD interpretation the gtdn calendar should be reserved for the hard lines. Meaning appointments and projects with deadlines or start times that you want to show up in the Cal. to my knowledge, we can’t yet record a clock time specific entry in gtdn and we would need that feature to be able to push it to the calendar and be functional. That could be taken care of by a subset of calendar variables in its own box on the right panel Like:

Title: Abbreviated Identifier to appear in the calendar
Start time & Date
End Time & Date
Link back to entry in gtdn
Outbound link to some other page
Option to have d-box and drive linked files to the entry to show up in the Cal
Repeat function
Delay Function: meaning have the item appear at a specific time and date in the Cal
Field for additional info like Description
Reminder: Some kind of notification option.

NICE TO HAVE:
Color coded Holiday Calendars like google Cal.

OK, back to the calendar again. I wanted to find out how difficult it is for a piece of Saas to be Zapier compliant. Is it more hoops to jump through to be able to have Zapier be able to pull calendar data out of gtdnext and post it Google calendar or outlook vs working on an iCal solution?