Progress reports on iOS and Android apps

Would you all provide frequent…well…reasonably frequent… progress reports on where you all are with development of these apps? Mobile is SO important these days and many people rely heavily on their phones/pads/tablets for access. I just thought it would be helpful and encouraging to folks to see this road being traveled.

Just my gently suggestion…

1 Like

After a couple of false starts earlier this year, I am now using GTDNext as my main task management tool and it is going very well. The program has forced me to think about how I manage my work, which has been a good thing.

One thing, though, that keeps me thinking that there could be a better solution is exactly what Armistead has asked about regularly: mobile app. The mobile web app is OK but a) it isn’t available offline b) it is small and not as easy to work with as a mobile app would be. (just trying to tick or untick a check box, for example, is cumbersome). c) it is missing some functionality like moving a task into a project (although I did discover that you can drag and drop into a project that has an existing task)

I think the program is great, I’ve learned much about how I work or how I should work, and have appreciated the amazing interaction and support provided by James and his team. The mobile app experience is, however, very important to me. I travel a fair bit and really live and work on my phone a lot of the time.

Anyway, just some additional feedback. Keep up the great work.

Peter

Very well said! I could not have said anything better. Thanks, Peter, for adding your voice to this. I love GTDNext, but it so badly needs dedicated apps. And that is what the younger millennials ask about first and foremost.

James and gang are indeed outstanding and the best!

HI Armistead - We will attempt to a better job at updating you all. My main concern, and something that seems to cause problems for many (most?) small software teams is incorrectly setting expectations. We’ve already had several occasions where a large issue, or hot feature request has caused us to significantly slip our delivery of a promised feature. This tends to create a negative impression and we certainly want to avoid that! So we try to never give out dates on items. With a small bootstrap team like ours it’s hard to predict all the changes and risks that occur to a schedule.

However, what I can try to do is give updates on what we are doing, but hold off on connecting the what to any kind of when. If that makes sense.

Thank you!

Yay! That’s excellent. Nice job Peter!

I agree on all those fronts!

[quote=“petervanharmelen, post:2, topic:967”]
I think the program is great, I’ve learned much about how I work or how I should work, and have appreciated the amazing interaction and support provided by James and his team. [/quote]

Thanks Peter! We appreciate the support!

Yes, that makes a lot of sense. I wish we had a solution for you right now!

It makes perfect sense, James. I fully realize that giving target dates is not wise as you have pointed out. I just know how important having dedicated apps is in 2017 and going forward. When I tell people about GTDNext, that is THE FIRST question that comes up and I think the vast majority of people – particularly young people – believe dedicated apps is essential. So…I hope it is a very high priority for your team. Hang in there – you all do excellent work! Cheers!

1 Like

Yes, I am quite familiar with that response. :slight_smile:

1 Like