Importing data from other apps

Are you planning to implement a way to allow us to migrate our data from other apps?
In that case, what apps or file extensions are in your plans to be supported?
Meanwhile, any workarounds for that?
Thanks and congrats on this great promising app!

Hi Mari - Thanks for the post!

We currently don’t have this on our roadmap. It’s very difficult to determine what tools to create an import tool for and as soon as you do one, you will hear from a ton of people that they want one for their specific app.

We prefer to suggest to people to take the opportunity of moving as a chance to review all their existing commitments and determine what really should move and what can be dropped. It’s kind of like cleaning out the garage before moving. - A lot of work, but feels so good when you finish. Sorry, probably not the answer you were looking for!

1 Like

Is there a way to import from another GTDNext account? Since my email can’t be changed, I’ve exported everything and see no way to import that list.

[quote=“Lori, post:3, topic:100, full:true”]
Is there a way to import from another GTDNext account? Since my email can’t be changed, I’ve exported everything and see no way to import that list.
[/quote]Sorry, no way to do this right now. :frowning:

I am a new user who is trying to migrate from another task management system. I must say that having absolutely no form of input from other apps AT ALL is a mighty pain. As far as I can see, as things stand I’m either going to have to type them all in one at at time, or copy and paste the title one row at a time.

I can see that a full-featured import from other systems would be technically challenging but if we could suck the titles in as a plain text file, with one row per task that would be a lot better than nothing!

We currently have an experimental (not supported) import of NirvanaHQ data through CSV files. Theoretically you could use this method to import task titles. It currently doesn’t play well with tags/areas and I would do it in small (50 task) batches to make sure you like the results you are seeing. Again, I emphasis that this is very experimental.

You can access this in the settings menu.

Here is what someone could do: Go to NirvanaHq. Export a CSV file. Go to your current task manager. Export all the data. Open the NirvanaHQ exported CSV file in Excel. Add your tasks to the correct columns. Import to GTDNext in small batches.

Personally, I suggest using this opportunity to start fresh. Like a major weekly review. I’ve found that very productive.

OK thanks. For some reason I hadn’t spotted that NirvanaHQ thing.

But message recieved and understood! I shall have a think and may be another got at the “start fresh” option… :^/