GTDNext: Alive or not? And a few other newbie questions

Hi there. I’ve recently signed up to GTDNext and have been browsing this forum. I have a few questions:

How actively is GTDNext being developed and / or updated? All the social media feeds etc seem to be pretty quiet. I know that outward “noise” isn’t necessarily indicative of activity, but it would be good to know whether the whole thing is just sitting on a shelf somewhere, before I spend lots of time on it.

Is the multi-select capability still being looked into, or has it been dropped? It would make life SO much easier to be able to do a brain download into the inbox, and then add (for example)the same tag, or the same area, to multiple items at the same time, either by dragging them into a tags list in the sidebar, or by choosing from a drop-down.

How about drag and drop? I see that this has been added, but seemingly in a limited way. I would love to be able to create a new project by dragging an inbox item into the “Projects” section but it seems that this is not possible.

I understand that a stand-alone app (I’m on Android) isn’t in the pipeline, and that’s not a problem as the website appears to be pretty mobile-responsive. However, there’s no search facility in the mobile version, that I can see. Am I missing it? Is this something that is planned?

One last question, for now, at least. I’m particularly interested in the ability to set recurring tasks, but am a little bit put off by the fact that this seems to turn those tasks into “projects”. The net effect of this is to clutter up my projects list with things that shouldn’t really be there, making my actual projects far less easily distinguishable. For example: I want to have a weekly reminder to do a particular item, and want to be able to tick it off when I’ve done it (otherwise I don’t remember if I last did it last week or three weeks ago). But it is a one-step action, and so not a project. And I don’t need to see it unless it’s actually due, or it just adds to the brain clutter. I’d much prefer it to pop up at the appropriate time interval, in my Next Actions list, and be hidden for the rest of the time. Is there something I’m missing? Is there a better way of dealing with repeat tasks than the way I’ve found?

Hi Becki thanks for your post. Below are some replies to your questions in-line.

We’ve been around for over 5 years. It’s just two of us, Sergio and myself. We don’t work on GTDNext full time, but we do make a big effort to keep it bug free, to answer questions and help people out. As Sergio has time he tackles our long list of improvement suggestions. But the product is very stable and usable as it is. [quote=“BeckiBoo, post:1, topic:1228”]
Is the multi-select capability still being looked into, or has it been dropped? It would make life SO much easier to be able to do a brain download into the inbox, and then add (for example)the same tag, or the same area, to multiple items at the same time, either by dragging them into a tags list in the sidebar, or by choosing from a drop-down.

How about drag and drop? I see that this has been added, but seemingly in a limited way. I would love to be able to create a new project by dragging an inbox item into the “Projects” section but it seems that this is not possible.

I understand that a stand-alone app (I’m on Android) isn’t in the pipeline, and that’s not a problem as the website appears to be pretty mobile-responsive. However, there’s no search facility in the mobile version, that I can see. Am I missing it? Is this something that is planned?
[/quote]

All of these things are great ideas, but will likely not happen any time soon. We just don’t have time enough to develop at the pace we wish we could!

You might consider creating a top-level project for all your weekly reminders and have the actual reminders under this project so you don’t have to see so many single project recurring actions.

Thanks again for the questions and for checking out GTDNext!