Disappearing projects

I’m going to try my best to describe this problem clearly…

Sometimes when I have a 2nd level project, it will disappear from the center pane when some, but not all, of the tasks are marked as complete. If I toggle the ‘show completed’ button, I can see that all project and all of the tasks still exist and are marked correctly (some complete, others not). I have noticed this occasionally in the last few releases. It’s actually a pretty big problem, because it could lead to forgetting important tasks.

*Windows 7
*Chrome
*GTDN 1.0.5.19

Hi Ike - thanks for posting. I’m not sure if I understand. When you toggle the complete/show do you now see the project that was missing? If so, is it marked as complete or un-complete?

Also, can you make sure you don’t have any filters on when you are looking for the missing project? Could it be hidden based on tag filters applied?

I’ll keep an eye open for this, and please let me know if you can figure out how to reproduce the problem. thx!

James - Please have a look at this because I think that it is an important bug. In the first screenshot completed tasks are not hidden. You will see that I have a 2nd level project called “Isolate Hb?”; this project contains a number of lower level projects. In the second screenshot completed tasks are hidden. Notice that many of the subprojects have dissapeared; for example, the project called NH3 disappears. As far as I can tell, I don’t have any other filters set.

This seems to happen with some subprojects but not others, and I can’t find the pattern. I do rearrange the order of my projects and tasks a fair amount; possibly this somehow creates the problem.

Hold on, I just discovered that reloading the page clears to problem. I still think that it shouldn’t happen at all, but at least it isn’t that hard to live with.

Hi @ike9898 - I’ve been trying to figure this one out, but now that you’ve provided the details it should be much easier to reproduce. We will do some more testing. I’m glad the data wasn’t lost (we try never to loose data and so far so good!) but you shouldn’t have to hit refresh, so we will figure that out. Thanks again for the details!

@ike9898 - I believe we have this resolved in 6.15 that went live today. Please check. Thanks for your patience on this one.

Great! I never figured out exactly how to reproduce the problem at will, so I’ll just have use it over the next few days and see whether it ever happens.

So far, so good. I haven’t seen the disappearing project problem in the past day-and-a-half of use.

1 Like