Default area at app launch and when creating projects/actions

I typically only use one Area during the day “Work” and as such, I would like to be able to set a default area which would be the one that the application starts with and also the one that is pre-selected whenever I create a project or action. This would make things a whole lot faster for me when working in the app.

Defaults would be useful for other kinds of tags as well, especially as long as NOT (exclude) filtering is still not implemented.

For example, if you would like to be able to use tags to distinguish between Low-Medium-High Energy, or Low-Medium-High Duration or such things, then it saves time if you can have Medium Energy and Medium Duration as your default for new tasks and not have to apply these tags manually. Default tagging would take care of that.

If you have NOT filtering these defaults are not equally necessary, because you can then safely leave the Medium ones untagged and can get to them anyway by simply excluding the High or Low or both. (And this also reduces the overall number of tags you will tend to see on your lists and in the tag bar; it is cleaner and more powerful.)

What if the app just started with the same area filter you had set when you left last time? Like? Dislike?

If your area is already set to “work” for example and you are creating your projects in the All Project View, which is where I think most people will, then the default will already be set for you to your current area.

I think we should look at doing the same for the “Create Action” button.

What if the app just started with the same area filter you had set when you left last time? Like? Dislike?

Totally fine by me :).

If your area is already set to “work” for example and you are creating your projects in the All Project View, which is where I think most people will, then the default will already be set for you to your current area.

I think we should look at doing the same for the “Create Action” button.

Agreed. The “Area” drop down should already have the area in which you are currently working in, set as the visible default so that your current area is added to the action/project, unless you specifically select another area.