Clickable links in notes section

When I get an email in gmail, I like to copy the link to the original email and put that with the task. Can we have “clickable” links in the notes box of a task?

5 Likes

HI Rich;

Yes, eventually we will allow for that. It’s on the backlog list. In the mean time, are you aware that you can forward emails into your GTDNext inbox? Just email Inbox@GTDnext.com from the account you sign-in with.

I realize this isn’t a substitute for links in notes (or in task subject lines) but it does at least allow you at least to get the whole email into your notes, so you can refer to it easily.

1 Like

Thanks - I have used the email function and it works nicely!

Hi James,

I’d love this one, too. Most of what I send to GTDNext for my Read/Review folder has links to the actual content in the body of the email, so clickable links in the notes would be very nice.

Yes, I do a lot of that too @macbikegeek1 - I will be super happy when we get this one done!

2 Likes

Hi @rich and @macbikegeek1 and everyone. FYI - clickable links in notes area has been implemented!

I think this is not working properly.
For example, if I send a web link from safari or chrome on iOS to my GTDNext email the link in the notes section is regard as only text and not as a proper web link.
The same goes if you type on a note a weblink. It is regard a text. I would expect that as soon as you type a linke and hit enter a clickable link would instantaneous be created.

Can you please clarify/implement?

Regards,

Fernando

Some update on this?
It seems that is still not working…

I’m a bit confused as we do allow clicking of links. Perhaps this video will clear things up. Let me know!