Area Filter not changing in Chrome

Using Chrome, when I click on the on of the Areas in the Area Filter, nothing changes and the filter is not applied. If I unclick the filter absolutely nothing shows. All just blank and I have to refresh the screen to get everything back. I’ve cleared my cache, deleted the roaming folder in app history, etc. No change.

Using Microsoft Edge, I do not have this problem and the area filter works just fine. Is this just me or might there be an issue?

Many thanks,

peter

1 Like

Actually, the same thing happens with the tag filter and also on my phone where I use the Safari browser.

Peter

Hi @petervanharmelen - I am able to reproduce this. Thanks for the heads up. I’ve been using Edge mostly as of late and did not see this. @sergio is looking into the issue.

Thanks @James. Appreciate the quick response. I downloaded Edge to my iPhone and the same thing happens there. Desktop Edge seems fine

Seeing some similar odd behavior with area filtering in Firefox on Win7. Playing around with the checkbox toggle seems to make the filtering sane again.

@James @sergio My original report is now almost two months old and nothing has changed. Is there an update on this?

I’d really like to move my whole world to GTDNext as I set out to do at the beginning of the year but I’m really dragging my feet. This is mostly because I’m no longer confident that GTDNext is a viable operation. From 2014-2017 there was lots of activity; however, the past two years has been pretty much dead. I don’t care about new features so much but what is concerning is almost zilcho response to anyone who posts in this forum, which, to me, is a sign is a dying operation. It’s a great product and one of the best out there for GTD but I don’t want to fully commit and then find out you’re shutting down. I’m wondering if you could provide the community with an honest assesment of where GTDNext is at and where you see it going.

Peter

HI Peter - Yes apologies - I actually until recently though we had taken care of that issue. As it doesn’t occur for me. I know @sergio has been alerted and should be looking into it soon.

As for idea on a community update, I’ll do that in the near future. That’s a good idea. Thanks!

That’s great. Thank you @James. Looking forward to the fix and the update

Peter

Quick update. @sergio has been working on the fix. Should be updated soon!

Thanks for the update @James !

@sergio @James On Chrome, Under Guest account with no extensions interfering with layout - The default login behavior is to not “check” the Area Filter options. I would expect the default to have everything checked. What is currently displayed under “Projects & Actions” is the exhaustive list, despite nothing being filtered.

I’m assuming “Area Filter” with entries that are checked should be the only entries showing???

At this point, the “Area Filter” behavior is not reliable for incorporating as a feature to use during my workflow process

HI Chuck;

If I’m understanding correctly this is actually working correctly, but I agree it’s a bit different than you might be expecting.

If you look at other apps, say Excel for instance, when you click on a data filter you will see all items “checked” indicating that those items are included. I believe this is the way you are expecting GTDNext to function.

However, in GTDNext, all items are shown by default. To eliminate having to do an extra click (like you would have to do in Excel or other apps) we don’t mark all the items by default. Imagine if you only wanted to view one of your areas, but you had 10. You would manually have to un-check all your other areas if we had them checked by default. This way you just have to do one mouse click to see an area. So, while it might not be what you are expecting, we do have a solid reason (speed) why we decided to do it that way. Hope that helps!

1 Like