Active tasks being replaced/modified when opening browser

I keep the GTDNext app open in a pinned tab on Firefox 42 on Windows. Occasionally, when I open my browser, sometimes I find one or more tasks or folders in the Projects view “replaced” by the newest task I added/edited. To illustrate, I might have a project structure that looks like this:

Project A

• A1
  • A2
  • A3
    Project B
  • B1
  • B2

Suppose A3 is a task I’ve recently created/updated. The next time I open my browser, I might find that the structure now looks like this:

Project A

• A3 [replaced by A3, including properties such as due dates, tags, and notes]
  • A2
  • A3
    Project B
  • B1
  • B2

or perhaps as

Project A

• A1
  • A2
  • A3
    Project B
  • A3 [yes, it even crosses projects sometimes]
  • B2

Or sometimes even as
A3 [the entire project name is replaced with the A3 task]

• A1
  • A2
  • A3
    Project B
  • B1
  • B2

The odd part is that this doesn’t happen all the time, so I’ve been finding it difficult to reproduce. This is happening at least once a day, I find. It’s quite annoying since any item that might have any other information (e.g. long notes with details) gets completely overwritten and replaced with something else.

So far the task being replaced is (I believe) the task that most recently became active, and the replacing task is one that I’ve recently updated somehow (usually by renaming).

Hi Ken - this sounds similar to an issue we’ve seen before but haven’t been able to reproduce and thus fix. A few questions. If you click the refresh button on Fire Fox does the issue fix itself? Also, do you have more than one instance of GTDNext open at a time? Either in another browser window or on another computer? Has this been happening for a a long time? Or just recently? Finally, have you ever experimented with another browser to see if the issue continues to happen? These types of issues are hard to track down without being able to reproduce them, but hopefully we can find the right combination of actions that lead us to be able to reproduce it. Thanks!

Hi James,

I haven’t tried refreshing when I encounter this problem yet, but next time it happens, I’ll try it and I’ll be sure to let you know.

No, the pinned tab is the only GTDNext instance I usually have open, and I rarely open another instance.

It’s been happening for several weeks now (I don’t remember an exact date, but if I had to guess, I would probably say it started for me around mid-November). It only really came to my attention within the past couple weeks, though.

I’ll test using the app with Chrome for a bit and report back.

Thanks for the effort! Hopefully we can nail this issue down soon.