Still stuck on loading screen

aaaand there it goes. Loading dialog appears after a few minutes interrupting work, after ~15 secs it goes away but by then I’ve already killed a coworker.

but the loading screen is not such an issue because when it doesn’t show there’s no response to clicking on tasks anyway.

I’ve signed up to this forum specifically to I can write this one comment.

I’ve loved GTDNext over the last two years, it’s really helped me. I started off with ThinkingRock, then (when my company stopped allowing it) tried Todoist, Anydo, Doit.im, TSW (via Evernote). Finally I found GTDNExt and have been a paying customer for 2 years. However, the last, I’m gonna say 3 weeks, have been incredibly frustrating.

I’ve spent the weekend waiting for GTDNext ot be up so that I can export my lists to Dynalist, which I like because of it’s similarity to GTDNext. I’ve set up my lists over the weekend and this morning I’ve tried to get onto GTDNext to cancel my subscription and found I can’t because the site’s down again.

I’ve just checked again and it’s back so I’ve deleted my account. I expect that this means that I will receive a refund for the 9 months of the forthcoming year that I’ve paid for, but won’t be using.

I don’t know what your MTBF is currently, but it’s low enough to force me to move. Let me know when it’s higher than 6 months and I will consider coming back.

Thanks,
Paul

I think I may have to go back to paper. I have not found anything close to GtdNext that is workable but I’m also not willing to trust my NA’s to an online app with no offline recourse for desktop. This bout of downtime has made that pretty clear.

I feel you 100% I’d say Dynalist may have your back with their offline client tools, I’m following Paul there now.

Is this ever going to work again? Can you refresh it again so I can get my stuff off it.

The app works only till the morning (about 9-10 am for UTC +3). Then load screen appears with frequency one per minute and after about 10-15 minutes the loading page doesn’t gone at all so I cannot access to my account for all day.

Any more news? I haven’t had too much trouble until yesterday at work where it was stuck on Loading for several minutes and never came up before I left (trying to clear inbox!)…

I was able to get on no problem last night, but this morning it’s stuck…

Dynalist looks interesting but it doesn’t seem to be designed specifically for GTD. I guess to set item status (next, waiting, someday) you would just use tags?

Looking at Checkvist also - same issues really, the tagging of items, search for tags, tag inheritance all get in the way of GTD…

1 Like

Yea, unusable for me for the last week or two. It worked great before that and it is really a shame that I put that much effort into setting things up only to have the site go dark and absolutely no feedback from the developers that they are aware of it or care.

Really like the layout of the app and it was certainly helping me. Not sure why you would have an app that you are charging money for with literally zero support or feedback when it becomes unusable.

We’ve actually been posting daily with regards to the issues. Look for my posts.

We are working hard to figure out the issue and get back to stability. Believe me, we’ve put 4 years of work into this site and are incredibly disappointing and angered by what is going on. We just haven’t been able to solve it.

When we do get back to stable we will be adding free months of premium for everyone who sticks around. We will figure out the details when we get stable, for now that’s our only focus.

If you don’t see us post every hour, it’s because we are working on the issues. I will continue to pop into these threads as often as I can. Thanks James

Hmm, I looked in the top two latest threads for updates and this is the last one I saw (6d ago). Certainly don’t need hourly updates by any means, but maybe a top level post with updates every day or two would be good.

Yeah, if you look at the main forum, that’s what I’ve started doing. Didn’t mean to bury them, but that’s what is kind of happening by replying to threads. I’ll just update the new announcement thread I created earlier today from now on.

Maybe pin your announcement to the top of the list; it’s already moved from top.

Good luck with the trouble shooting!

2 Likes

In the past week I’ve used Checkvist, Dynalist, Moo.Do, Flow-e, Workflowy, freaking Word documents, Nirvana… I’m going nuts but there’s nothing as good as GTDNext, there’s a few features you get so right they blow the competition out of the water.

@James please consider increasing the cost if it will improve the stability.

(and please prioritize offline support so that your server being down won’t prevent us working in a browser with cached data! that alone would have negated the impact of this recent outage!)

1 Like

I too have tried many and none have the level of focus on NAs that Gtd Next does. In this respect it is extremely well conceived and quite close to complete. It is also well suited for a full screen. All that is really needed is a desktop app that looks the same and will sync without too much drama. I understand the pressure to put out mobile apps but translating its function to small Mobile screens I feel is a waste of resources at this point. The highest use of gtd next with its filters is for the weekly review. I would not attempt nor see the point in doing a weekly review on a small mobile device.

The next most important thing should be calendaring. At the very least allowing for the export of dates and line data in ical format or whatever the most effective calendar data format is. Or even creating an api for Zapier to funnel data over to Google calendar, Outlook 365 and other major cloud calendars. My two cents worth.

As for increasing the price. I would be willing to pay $10 more per annum if it had a desktop app for the sheer freedom from mental anguish when your connection goes down. But not to forget this is still an entry level SAAS and it’s not really focused on a commercial need. Nevertheless, the subscriber base can still be aggressively grown.Take a gander at this article below.

buggerit, it’s back to stuck on loading :frowning:

…and now it’s back… curious

Even though we haven’t seen this issue come up for several months, we are hoping that the release today has solved this issue completely. Marking as resolved.

1 Like