New Release 9/16. Please read

This weekend we released a significant feature. One we have been working on for quite a while.

GTDNext now works in offline mode!

Now even when you don’t have an internet connection GTDnext will allow you to use the app fully. Create new actions, edit others and mark them as done. As soon as you are back online GTDNext will sync with the server, and all your devices will be in sync.

This is big news for several reasons.

• If your internet connection is spotty or goes down, you can still have access to your tasks.
  • If GTDNext goes down for a few minutes for maintenance, you won’t even notice anymore.
  • If you use GTDNext on your phone, you don’t need coverage to see or add to your tasks!

Please hit CTRL+F5 to make sure you have the latest version of GTDNext and enjoy this new feature!
(If GTDNext isn’t showing your tasks today hit CTRL+F5 to download the newest code, this should be needed only one time)

You can tell if you are online or offline by the looking at the colored dot next to the GTDNext name at the top of the screen.

• Green indicates online and syncing with the cloud.
  • Red means offline and storing changes locally until a connection is available.
6 Likes

Offline functionality is a bit spotty. If I already have GTDNext open in my browser (Chrome on Windows 7 machine) I can add projects and tasks, but not all of them remain when I go back online. And if I don’t already have GTDNext open in my browser when I go offline, I have no way of navigating to GTDNext.com when I’m offline.

Are these issues being addressed?

Hi Josh;

As long as you keep a link to app.gtdnext.com on your browser and don’t log OUT of gtdnext (in the top right corner) you should have no problem getting back to it.

When the service is offline you will NOT be able to get to gtdnext through the main webpage at gtdnext.com. That is why it is important to save a link to app.gtdnext.com

If you still have issues, please let us know! From what we can see and from our testing, offline seems to be working very well.

Thanks!
James

James

Thanks for your reply. I was not logging out, just closing the mobile app or web browser. A quick check just now shows the offline function seems to be working better than when I tested it 2 weeks ago, but I didn’t to a thorough test today as I’ve decided to go with another GTD program.

I really like the GTDNext implementation of GTD, but it lacks two of my must-have specs:

• desktop app: I don’t want to risk the possibility of ever being unable to access my to-do list
  • “smart add” feature for associating actions and projects with the task name all in one line/input field

Take care
Josh

1 Like