New Premium Subscriber. Kudos

I am now a Premium subscriber to GTDN in the process of entering my tasks from my old app to GTDN. I have tried a number of different programs, and this one is the most user friendly and the most useful for the price. The main reason I converted to GTDN was its ability to deal with subprojects, which is lacking or awkward in most other GTD applications.

I particularly like the efficient performance inside the web browser. I have used other applications that would hourglass for 30 seconds when simply checking a checkbox to mark an item complete, or hourglassing forever by simply adding a task to the application, which is very counterproductive to the notion of getting things done. GTDN’s outline feature is incredible, in that you can actually sit down and organize thoughts on the fly and rearrange tasks around inside a project without giving thought to how an anticipated latency in the application’s data entry will interrupt your thought process and flow while waiting for the next input prompt to appear.

While performing my data entry into GTDN, there are a few features I found lacking in GTDN that I noticed in other applications, such as the need for more robust recurring task features. For example, the ability to schedule a task on the 1st/2nd/3rd/4th/Last Mon/Tue/Wed/Thu/Fri/Sat/Sun every x months plus/minus offset days. There are others recurring task options I would like to see, and I will write these up as a separate forum post.

Of course, like many others, I am anxiously awaiting for the release of mobile apps. GTDN works fine for me at work via a web browser, since I am chained to a computer all day anyway, but when it comes to home life, it would be nice to see the things I need to do at the hardware store when I pay it an unplanned visit. Due to budgetary reasons, I don’t have a data plan with my phone, so I would need offline access to my tasks.

Overall, this is the most promising GTD application I’ve come across to date. Keep up the good work, and I look forward to experiencing the future progress of your evolving application.

5 Likes

Hi Bill and welcome to the community and to GTDNext!

We very much appreciate the positive comments and the suggestions as well! You will find that we do listen to the community and update the app regularly.

Thanks again!
James