New Feature: Send from multiple email accounts

Today we announced a new feature in 6.17 that allows users to create unique email address and send tasks to GTDNext from any email account to the new address.

Here is a blog post that more fully explains this feature.

Enjoy and let us know how you plan to use this new feature!

4 Likes

This is great - I have different email accounts for different areas of focus so this will make it easier to add tasks from emails or from my phone without forwarding them through a single authorized account.

1 Like

This is a very useful feature and it is working great so far. @James in your related blog post (9 ways to use . . .) you mentioned sending tasks with Do Note, which is one of the main ways I intend to use this new feature from my phone.

Do Note has the limitation that it accepts only one block of text in the message which, depending on the Gmail channel recipe, (1) puts that block of text in both the subject and body text, or (2) uses the recipe’s “canned” subject line and places the text block in the body.

Both of these Do Note methods have the limitation of not allowing GTDNext to do what it is meant to do by placing the Subject of an email in the new Task line and the Body in the Notes. If anyone finds a Do Note workaround for this please post it here. Thanks.

Yes I’ve noticed this as well. I’ve looked for an alternative app, that allows for both subject line and body text to be sent but haven’t found one yet. If anyone knows of one, please let us all know!

1 Like

For those that are looking for an Android solution, EmailMe Pro works well. (There is also a free version with less functionality.)

Generally, you can create an email template that uses your unique GTDNext email address. Then add a widget to use this template. Click on the widget and a blank email will show up with your GTDNext address pre-populated. Just add a subject and/or body text and click send!

Only downside is the the author of EmailMe is no longer developing or supporting it. It works fine now, but not sure how long it will.

1 Like

Receiving calendar notifications from GCal and similar calendars is now possible. For many years, I have had a habit of receiving auto-generated email reminders of my appointments 15 hours in advance in order to have all today’s actions on one single list. Now this has been made possible to do with GTDNext. Such emails can now be received. They are usually forwarded with a sender name such as calendar-notification@google.com, in other words not my name, even though it comes from “my” calendar.

Great new feature!

1 Like

New user, and this feature is one that I need. Unfortunately I can’t figure out how to get it to work.

I have a generated email under my settings for my account. However, when I send email to it, nothing seems to show up.

I just did a test from the registered email to inbox@gtdnext.com and that also didn’t seem to work. My inbox is still empty.

Am I missing something?

HI Brett - Welcome to GTDNext! It looks to me like you were are using the email feature correctly. We had an issue earlier today that temporarily stopped emails. It is fixed now. Can you give it a try?

Note for everyone: Our email service fails when large attachments are included in an email. We then have to reset email which can cause delays for everyone. We are working on a way to strip those out so email doesn’t fail. In the mean time please don’t include an attachments over 2 megs. (We don’t do anything with attachments yet anyway, so they just go nowhere) Thanks!

Works great now, thanks! And thanks for the tool – the interface is very intuitive.

1 Like