Locked at "Loading..." screen when trying to log in

Thanks everyone for your patience. Here is a quick summary of the issue and status.

Last week we released a new real-time syncing feature.

The feature caused two problems. Both problems look the same on the surface. The “Loading” screen doesn’t go away.

Here is what to do if you see this screen.

1. Click CTRL+F5 and refresh your browser. This step fixes the issue for about 98% of the people.
  2. If CTRL+F5 doesn’t help, then trying clearing your browser history, see below picture from Chrome. In Chrome, you go to settings/advanced settings and then click the “Clear browsing data” button. This should fix 99% of the issues.

If you still see the “loading” screen after trying the above two steps, you may be using GTDNext behind a corporate firewall that is blocking our new real-time server technology. If you think you are in this situation, please contact us at support. We are currently tracking 4 or 5 people that fall into this scenario.

Thanks for your support and we do apologize for the extra steps to get this going for you.

I tried my personnal firewall… and yes there is a large chance that my corporation firewall blocks it! I did try the CTRL+F5. I guess I’m one of those trapped!

Thanks @RachBoucher - I responded to your support ticket.

Hey James. I have also confirmed that it the issue exists only at work which indicates it is more than likely related to my company’s firewall. I did try all of the recommendations you provided.

@candeshouse - Thanks for the confirmation. I’ve added you to the list of affected customers. I’ll notify you when we have a solution.

I, also, am only having this problem at work. At home it works fine and also over wireless connections.
I have tried the CTL=F5 and cleared my browser - no luck.

Bob Clark

Ok @RClark - Thanks for letting us know. I’ve added you to our list.

Experiencing the same issue behind our corporate proxy. Happy to do some testing. I have the ability to test on and off the corporate lan.

@jebbster - Thanks for confirming. We’ve identified the issue. We are researching what we need to do code around it.

Please add me to the list. I can access at home but not at work.

@price76 - Thanks for letting us know. We’ve added you to the list. We are making progress on a solution. Thanks everyone for your patience.

We have uploaded a fix for this issue. Please refresh your browsers (maybe even CTRL+F5) and let us know if it is working for you.

Thanks!
James

We’ve had multiple reports that this is now working correctly for users behind corporate firewalls. Closing this issue!

Hi A little late to this party as I’ve been off grid so to speak. I’m seeing the constant load screen in IE and Chrome and the notes above don;t seem to be resolving it.

I’m on a slow connection , less than 1MB thanks to good old UK telecoms

Regards

Rob

HI Rob - Are you only seeing this on your home (slow) network? Have you tried it on a faster connection? I’m just trying to narrow down the cause. Also, if you load this page, do you get “Yes” responses for all items? If not, which say no? http://websocketstest.com/

Thanks for the response

I’ll be on a faster link tomorrow so will confirm, our connection at home is terrible so I suspect that is the cause.

I also see it on my android phone at home on the bband, if i switch to 4G it works.

I get a yes on the socket test except for HTTP Proxy which is a no. Testing again now i do get the app up but the loading screen returns and stays for a minute or two.

Will confirm tests from “normal” connection tomorrow.

Regards

Rob

Hi
All working when on a quicker link,

Regards

Rob

Hi
Appreciate the link is the problem here, i assume there is nothing i can do about it like run in some for m of offline mode?

Regards

Rob

Yes, I’m afraid your current link is too slow. Once you connect, it’s possible that our real-time sync feature will allow you to work, but you need to establish a connection first. We do plan to update our networking code in the future to make it more resilient to slow connections, but we don’t have a date for that update at this time. Sorry, Rob!

Just signed up for Premium and almost immediately got this issue :disappointed: