GTDNext longevity?

Hi James,

I’m considering a comeback to GTDNext. I try to make other task managers work like GTDNext but then I’m not happy with the results.

I know GTDNext really well and really like it. I wish there were better mobile options and then last year it took forever to get those area filtering problems fixed, so I moved on. Yet, I can live with mobile the way it is. It’s not bad, really.

I understand this isn’t a full-time gig for you and Sergio and I’m not looking for new features all the time. I appreciate the work you both do on this in your spare time. It is really one of the best and full-featured GTD implementations out there. Nirvana and FacileThings come close but there are also annoying features in those tools. Of course, no tool is perfect.

My biggest question is: what is the longevity of GTDNext? If I fully commit my world again, what are the chances that you and Sergio pack this in? I know one can never know especially during these crazy times. Just wondering what the roadmap and plans are … knowing full well that this is a passion project for you.

Take care,

Peter

1 Like

To build on your comment - I like this product, I pay for it, and I would pay more for it if asked. But I also depend on it. If it unexpectedly went offline permanently I would be a problem for me. All I ask for is some notice if you ever decide to pull it down or not fix it the next time there’s a problem.

Thanks both of you for the messages. As you likely know GTDNext has been around for over 6 years now and have no current plan to shut it down any time soon. If we do shut down we would certainly give everyone plenty of time to move their data (life?) to a new platform.

We do continue to add value to the service. Albeit slower than anyone (us included!) would like. For example a week or two ago we added a new right click function that allows you to quickly zoom into a project from the Projects and Actions view.

We will continue to add functionality as we have time. Sergio and I both thank you all for your loyalty and for being part of the adventure!

Best Regards
James