Email to inbox not working (again...)?

It seems not working, at least I cannot get anything in my inbox.

I’ve cleared out the system and it should start working again. Again someone sent in an attachment that was larger than what the system can handle. Give it 10 minutes. thx

Hi James,

Thank you, but for me this is quite an issue.
It’s difficult to have “trust” on a GTD system that loses your data. The all idea is to send what crosses your mind to inbox and forget about it and deal with it later when you have time to review your inbox.
This happens too frequently. Can you please ask you to make all your best efforts to get rid of this situation, by just truncate the emails and discard any attachments?

Regards,
Fernando

Or … what is the reason that attachments cannot be included when a task is emailed to GTDNext? Most todo apps make this possible. I’ve been playing around with GTDNext again as my Nozbe subscription expires soon but for me this is a significant friction generator: I would need to save the attachments elsewhere, remove them from the email, email to GTDNext, go into the new task and upload the attachments. It seems like too much effort.

Fernando - We spent some time this morning working on this issue. Right now the adjustment we have made to it to allow larger emails to come through without bringing the email system down. Initial testing looks good. This is a short-term fix to make the system more resilient.

Peter - this is something we would like to do someday. It appears right now we would need to change email systems to make this happen, so it’s a pretty large piece of work to replace all that code. Still not ruling it out, but for now, we are focused on making sure the system doesn’t go down when someone sends in a large attachment.

Thank you, James. That is helpful to know.