Can't login since last night

Hi, GTDNext has been inaccessible for me for the last 4.5 hours. I have tried using 3 different network providers and 3 different devices. Any update on when the system will be up and running please?

This is bad. Monday morning & I’m ready to plan my week & GTDNext is unavailable. In the few weeks that I’ve been using GTDNext, it has become indispensable to my productivity. Please fix it!

It’s back! You never know how important a tool it until it’s gone.

1 Like

yes, we are back up. We’ve been battling an issue this weekend where some people were not able to log in, but others were. We think we’ve found the core issue, but please let us know if you find an issue again. Apologies for the issues and appreciate your support!

It’s working, but man that’s super frustrating. Sure wish that you had some sort of app that has offline capabilities. It’s so frustrating to think of a thought that you want to get down and find things are just spinning. Or check to see if you have any really important tasks to work on.

After trying just about every GTD type tool that is online / windows based, I’m seriously contemplating moving to Things or Omnifocus. If one of my every day machines was a Mac, I probably would have done it by now. But I do have an iPad and iPhone and I may just decide that working off those is worth it, knowing that I can always reference something when needed.

There’s so much to love about GTD next, and I still think there’s not a better way to lay down projects and new ideas quickly. But these interruptions are really difficult for good work. (I know it doesn’t happen all the time, but when you come to rely on the system so heavily, when it’s down, it is seriously painful.)

And now it seems to be down once again?

It doesn’t work for me too, still can’t login. I agree with russj now 2 working days without GTDnext. I really have to think if I renew my premium subscription without offline acces, mobile apps etc. I love the way gtdnext.com works, but if it does not work…

It’s not working again. Seems to be down more often than not lately.

Ouch! Yes, lots of problems this weekend. We are aware and working on the issue right now. Thanks

1 Like

Down again for me. Every morning I seem to be having this issue and it means I can’t see my lists at all.

I’m based in the UK so half the day is gone before anything happens at all.

I’m moving over to Nirvana.

working for me now. I can log in.

4th working day in a row without access, I hear nothing more ‘it works for now’ and when I try it doesn’t work. I’m already looking for alternatives, this costs me lot and lot of time, I’m very disappointed.

It’s been a rough few days here at GTDNext. We have been working hard to determine why the servers keep getting overloaded and run out of memory. The good news is that yesterday we think we have determined the cause. It’s a complicated fix and are now working on the fix. In the mean time we are monitoring the servers closely and rebooting as needed. We are extremely upset by these issues and working hard to win your trust back. Please let us know when you see the loading screen for more than 30 seconds.

1 Like

Currently not loading; I think it was okay earlier today.

Hi James - I think it’s down again. It was fine earlier, but now I’m stuck at the Loading… screen again. I’ve cleared my cache and restarted the browser. I’ve tried IE11 and FF66.

1 Like

Same here. Stuck at login screen.

1 Like

I think I would feel better about this if we were given an ETA on a fix.

6 days with no updates is more than a little frustrating.

Here’s the update Stuck on Loading issue